As we the people of this great and Godly nation continue to turn from the values our nation was founded upon will we still be blessed? Today there are many that know and believe the truth but they stay silent out of fear.
It is my concern that if those of us who know the truth do not stand strong in the face of the enemy’s of the Lord our days of being the blessed nation are behind us.
Even in our local Republican party there is a move from within to not stand up for truth. There are some who believe that it is more important to have vacant Republican precincts filled with warm bodies who may wish to push the “R” in Republican. rather than the values that make Republicans distinct.
I think it’s time to review the Republican principles that are the hallmark of being Republicans.
- “As a Republican I believe the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.”
- “I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.”
- “I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.”
- “I believe government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.”
- “I believe the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.”
- “I believe the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.”
- “I believe Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.”
- “I believe Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.”
- “Finally, I believe the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.”
Number 7 is critical and it is this principle that some from within the party are trying to undermine, and it is this principle that is vital if we are to fight for all the other principles that our party stands for.
While I admit that having a precinct chair in every precinct is important and something we should pursue and as a party we do spend a great deal of effort looking for qualified precinct chairmen.. There are two ways that precincts can be filled.
- The local Republicans elect there the precinct chairs from their community as their representative to the Republican Party.
- If there are no Republicans that can do this they can skirt having to run on their beliefs and go before the Republican Party vacancy committee and be nominated by the vacancy committee.
The vacancy committee can be used as a tool for those who do not share our values to sneak in the back door of the party and erode our beliefs from within.
During the last two years on the vacancy committee we have had to fight with local left-leaning Republicans on the committee, who call themselves Republicans, but believe that we should not stand up for the lives of the unborn, we should not stand up for traditional marriage in America, we should drop the moral laws off the books in this nation. They say they support the Republican Platform of the state of Texas, but when it comes to these and other issues, they would rather go down the path of moral depravity, the way that is popular in the corrupt society in which we live, than to stand by our Republican Party values.
We must be very careful not to let the left infiltrate and undermine our party from within. It is my belief that we should all stand by the Republican Party principles that make us who we are and we should not look to the left nor to the right and compromise our values.
We are also getting attacked from extreme libertarians; there are libertarians that do not believe in the 8th principle of our party. “Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.”
We are not an isolationist party. Having said that we are not warmongers either but we should do what we can to promote peace and prosperity throughout the world and to stand up and help those in need. Over the last several years we have strayed well beyond this and that is not right and we should be more careful in the future regarding where we send our troops and for what causes we are willing to let them die. At the same time America’s strength lies not only with our military might and in our past economic strength, but America’s true strength lies in our righteousness, and our compassion for our fellow man regardless of what nation or from or what religion they are.
The father of communism, Joseph Stalin once said “America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.”
If we compromise our fundamental beliefs, we compromise who we are and we will die from within.
The primaries are indeed over and we should all be fighting together to get Republicans elected but at the same time we cannot compromise our values because when we do you we will be no different than those on the Left.