When I first got involved in Republican politics I did so not to push Republicans, but to push the Republican Party platform. I am a Republican not because I believe in people within our Party by their name but because I believe in the values that so many have fought for and worked for and laid out so nicely within our party’s platform.
In the past we have had far too many people get elected because they have an “R” beside their name. Far too often, once elected they have governed like liberal Democrats, they spent waaaay too much, they regulated waaaay too much, and some even went so far as to cheat and steal from all of us.
In the past we have had Republican judicial candidates that we fight for and get on the bench and once they are there, they legislated from the bench. This is wrong and it destroys our party so when I pick a candidate I do more than listen to what they say because words don’t matter as much as deeds and what is in their hearts that comes out in what they actually do, not what they say.
So here’s a list of candidates that I will support in the 2012 primary election. I believe these candidates are not Republicans only because of the vehicle they used to gain power. They are Republicans because they believe like I do in the values that made our nation and our party strong. I believe these candidates will stand up for conservative fiscal values and for our conservative social values and the judicial candidates understand their job is to rule on the laws not make laws.
- Rick Santorum –President
- David Dewhurst – U.S. Senate
- John Culberson – U.S. Representative district 7
- Larry Youngblood – U.S. Representative district 8
- Pete Olson – U.S. Representative district 22
- Stephen Takach – U.S. Representative district 36
- Warren Chisum – Railroad Commissioner
- Barry Smitherman – Railroad Commissioner, unexpired term
- John Devine – Justice Supreme Court Place 4
- Barbara Cargill – State Board of Education district 6
- Dave Norman – State Senate District 11
- Diane Williams – State Representative District 149
- Debbie Riddle – State Representative District 150
- Bruce Bain – District Judge 11TH District
- John Wittenmyer – District Judge 151st District
- Don Self – District Judge 152st District
- Bud Wiesedeppe – District Judge 164st District
- Robert Summerlin – District Judge 174th District
- Ryan Patrick – District Judge 177th District
- Lana Shadwick – District Judge 179th District
- Pat Lycos – Harris County District Attorney
- Robert Talton – Harris County County Attorney
- Carl Pittman – Harris County County Sheriff
- Don Sumner – Harris County Tax Assessor
- Richard Johnson III – Harris County School Trustee Position 3 at-large
- Kay Smith – County School Trustee Position 4 Place 3
- R. Jack Cagle – Harris County Commissioner Precinct 4
- Jared Woodfill – Harris County Republican Party Chair
The people I am endorsing here are people that I know or know enough about to feel comfortable in knowing that they are strong, social and fiscal conservatives, that will stand up for our Republican Party values.
There are several races for which I have not endorsed and I will not and here’s why I have not endorsed in these races.
- They are running unopposed.
- I do not know them well enough to make an educated decision.
- In some races I may know some and do not feel comfortable endorsing them.
In some of the races where I have endorsed, I have picked the candidate that I believe most shares my values and will stand up for them. There are a few races that have more than one good candidate running, but again, I had to make a decision.
But remember this is a primary race for the Republican Party. After the primary race is over regardless whether our candidates win or lose we must put our differences aside and stand shoulder to shoulder as brothers and sisters in the Republican Party and support those who the Republican Party choose to represent us in November.
After the primary is over we need to be one Repu0blican voting bloc, so we can ensure the complete defeat of the Democrat party and their anti-American goals and ideals.